Sunday 21 September 2014

Knitting Time!

With chills in the air and schools starting this week signaling the beginning of a new season, comes the perfect time to start knitting and crocheting, enjoying your time knitting/crocheting something new and in something that you can soon start using :).

Yesterday, I started my second knitting project (third total, both knitting and crocheting without counting the small appliques I created for my friends that helped me just get used to holding needles and knowing how to use them - some of the things I did were a heart, angels, a snowman, and a Christmas stocking).

My first was a scarf I did for myself using a pattern from ravelry.com (picture on the right) and for which I got the yarn and needles that would work with the pattern myself and running the risk of not getting the same exact materials since it's hard to get them where I live. I used this pattern, in addition to loving the look of it, to learn knitting in cables which was my first time to do it. I haven't worked on knitting a lot before that project, actually it's really my first one and I was so thrilled seeing it coming along and growing as I continued working on it.

And now my second project is a bag to go with it ... I'm also planning on working on the gloves as soon as I finish the bag to complete the whole set ;).

I got the bag pattern from drops website - a website I love so much with its girly and elegant free patterns - and by examining the materials used, I tried my best to get the closest I can.

The new thing to learn for this pattern is using circular needles which was a first for me to hear about them for I have always known only the straight ones, and by all means, the best way to learn a new thing for me is to learn hands-on - enjoying the production of something new while learning how to do it, feels awesome and rewarding :D.

“For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.” ― AristotleThe Nicomachean Ethics

Already starting my third row, hope it goes well without complications or mistakes.

Let's see how long it will take me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment